February 9, 2009

Can You Say, "I Love You" Too Much?

Straight from Qupid's quill, this article takes a closer look at the words, "I love you," and the way we use them. What makes them special? Can we say them too much? Leave a comment and let Qupid know whether you agree or disagree with his arguments!

"I remember the first time you said that you loved me," whispers a lover to another during a pillow-side conversation. Both hearts leap, as if hand in hand, while the two lovers gaze at each other in admiration. What power lies behind the words, "I love you," when spoken for the first time?"

[read Qupid's full article here]

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that you can say "I love you" too much. Women need to hear this to feel loved and we need to say it as part of our expression of love. Saying it is of course not a substitute for showing love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maven! I appreciate you stopping by. It's good to have someone else's opinion on the matter. Did you know there's a vote in the sidebar? It might be kind of silly, but you can put your vote in. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh yes you can say 'i love you' too much. if you say it too much it starts to sound not like an expression of emotions, but just words! it makes the person hearing it start to think.. actions are louder than words !!! frankly i think it's very annoying because it creates an obligation for the other person to say it too, and sometimes you just don't want to say it, much less fell obligated to say it. i think people often say it too much.. because they feel they should say it, instead of really feeling it. either way it's an obligation and should be used sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moof, I echo your sentiments entirely! I recently read about a couple who had not once said "I love you" to each other, and were enjoying a happy, long lasting relationship.

    ReplyDelete